Thank you all for your interest in our target "Bridges--resources in print
and non-print material."   Several people requested a "HIT."

Sister Sally Daly at St. Timothy School in Philadelphia offered this advice:

The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia had a marvelous exhibit years ago on
Bridges.  It was a traveling exhibit: lots of manipulatives and posters.  I
bet they have lots of references.

She was right!

We contacted The Franklin Institute.  They can be reached at
215-448-1208(voice), FAX at 215-448-1235.  They responded with an author
from their institute, Daniel Goldwater, and a bibliography of additional
resources on bridges.

Sadie Hunt of Dallas High School in Oregon suggested contacting the state
department of transportation for free videotapes and materials.

Tammy Dineen in Lomira, WI, suggested a CAD program called "Bridge Builder"
by Pre-Engineering Software Corp.

Hazel Maloney suggested a book BRIDGES by David J. Brown, ISBN
0-02-517455-X, which features bridges from around the world and throughout
history.

Again, thank you all for your help.  Our Industrial Arts is most impressed
and pleased with your responses and we are, as usual, grateful for the
wealth of information that you people possess and your generosity in sharing it.

Connie Ussery and Terry McGhee
Spencer High School
spencerh@mindspring.com.

LM_NET Archive Home