Hello LM_Netters:  On Tues., April 1st, I requested a list of Southern
writers.  I received a
world of responses.  I am so grateful to all of you who answered my call.
Someone sent me
a website (http://www.lib.ua.edu/smr/south4.htm)
Here is the list of Southern writers:
    Roy Blount, Jr., James Lee Burke, Olive Ann Burns, Fred Chappell, Kate
ChopConroy, James Dickey, Ellen Douglas, Clyde Edgerton, William Faulkner,
Shelby Foote,
Kaye Gibbons, John Grisham, Lewis Grizzard, Barry Hannah, Joel Chandler
Harris,
Josephine Humphreys, Zora Neale Hurston, Harper Lee, Jill McCorkle, Carson
McCullers,
Larry McMurtrey, Margaret Mitchell, Flannery O'Connor, Walker Percy,
Katherine Anne
Porter, Reynolds Price, John Crowe Ransom, Marjorie K. Rawlings, Cynthia
Rylant,
Ferroll Sams, Lyle Saxon, Anne Rivers Siddons, William Styron, Allen Tate,
Peter Taylor,
Anne Tyler, Alice Walker, Lella Warren, Robert Penn Warren, Eudora Welty,
and Bailey
White.

Thanks again,
Carol Maynard