Since we didn't seem to jump on the laser disc technology when others did,
I am wondering if it is still a viable (albeit expensive) piece of
equipment.  Keep in mind, I am at a K-5 school with teachers 2-3 yrs. (or
so) away from retirement and who are basically still struggling with
working the VCR, audio cassette recorders, and filmstrip projectors!  They
would be EXTREMELY reluctant to learn another piece of equipment.
Also, is it easier (better) to use a laser disc player in conjunction with
a computer?  Someone said the teachers in her building want the laser disc
player hooked up to a computer to use the player more easily???
I have only seen this piece of equipment demonstrated once.  I KNOW I will
be the one to rescue anyone who needs help with it--in between classes,
etc.
TIA.
(I am sorry that my posts of a month ago or so did not contain my
signature.  Somehow in an upgrade, all was lost and I didn't realize it til
someone said they didn't know where I was writing from.  That is a pet
peeve of mine as well.  Imagine my embarrassment when I realized I had done
the same thing!)

Valerie J. Arthurton                            Jefferson Ave. Elem. School
(716) 421-2189                                  Fairport, N.Y.  14450
varthurton@mail.monroe.edu                       Grades K-5

LM_NET Archive Home