I have come up with a scathingly brilliant, if not semi-rational, idea but I=
 need some input from librarians around the world. This is probably more a=
 public library question but I am sure you all know if your public liraries=
 have access to this.

Our old circulation desk is an octagonal monster. We want to build a=
 platform to hold a paper mache' topographical  map of Guam on this thing.=
 It will depict all 33 villages, the major tourist points, dive sites and=
 historical sites.  The patrons and visitors will be able to use a touch=
 screen  to light up an area and hear stories about the area and =
 potentially oral histories of older folks who were here when the Japanese=
 turned most of the island in to a concentration camp! (WWII)

If you know a library which has one of these display (or something similar),=
 please send me their e-mail address or ask them to contact me. I am just=
 gathering the fact and need to get an idea of how much money to ask for. I=
 figure it will be a 2 to 3 year project at about $50,000 to $60,000.

Thanks in advance.

Slainte! Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (USA) --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy - Children's Librarian /// Guam Public Library
                             Resident Writer, Storyteller &  Author!! :-)
                             tkc@kuentos.guam.net
                             http://www.guam.net/home/tkc/=20

1270 North Marine Drive, Suite 101-424
Tamuning GUAM 96911 U S A

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

LM_NET Archive Home