The following is in response to my request for a way to have our Catalog
Plus catalog available on the Internet. Thanks so much for your help!
     Paula

*************************

We also are using follett's products, but added their Telnet Quicklink
product so people can have access offsite.  Follett developed this as an
intermediary step until their Windows and Web version of their catalog is
available.  All the schools in our county are hardwired directly to us and
the node which resides in our office.  If you'd like to take a look at the
Telnet version of the catalog, visit my homepage at:

        http://www.sisnet.ssku.k12.ca.us/~imcftp

The symbol in front of the imcftp is the tilde.  Your computer  must have
Telnet installed, which if it doesn't currently, can be retrieved from the
Internet for free.  Once on my homepage choose "Library Catalog" to get in.

Our network in the Library and AV is a Novell network, and our Novell
server sits on the back counter in the Library.  Right next to is is the
Windows NT Server which is required for Quicklink.  So far the whole Telnet
catalog has been almost bugfree.  Once we figured out that our motherboard
in the NT server was quirky and got it replaced we've had no trouble.

If you have any questions about the catalog once you've taken a look at it,
feel free to contact me for further discussion if you wish.

Kathy Graves, IMC Director/Librarian
Siskiyou County Superintendent of Schools Office
609 South Gold Street, Yreka, CA 96097

e-mail: kgraves@sisnet.ssku.k12.ca.us           FAX: 916-842-8436
hmpg: http://www.sisnet.ssku.k12.ca.us/~imcftp  AV:  916-842-8428
Phone:  916-842-8427                            Library: 916-842-8430

When we discussed with Winnebago placing our catalog on our web server ,
they said we would have a
copyright issue.  We dropped the idea for this--and other local reasons.
We are a small  K-12 system, 225 teachers with access to the on-line
catalog throughout the campus.  IMHO, that's enough.  I think we can use
the memory on the web server for better purposes.

Best regards,

Martin Swist
International  School  Manila
mswist@ismanila.portalinc.com