This was forwarded from my business teacher off of her listserv, thought it
might be interesting to everyone.

Curtis

Greetings,
>>I can't take credit for this.  Janie Hayden alerted me to it.  If you
>>are interested in determining where your students have been in Netscape,
>>type  about:global in the location line of netscape.  It will give you
>>the address of the site, the time and date it was accessed.  You can use
>>the searching tools to type in the suspected address or date/time to
>>narrow your search.  It still takes time, but it's the cheapest
>>alternative to doing no monitoring at all.  The time refers to the time
>>the individual computer is set at in windows.  You may have to do some
>>adjustment if it doesn't correspond to your server time if you are going
>>to track them down using paudit in Novell.  Another alternative is to
>>require students to sign in to use the computers, noting the date, time,
>>and computer they used.
>>
>>Good Luck,
>>
>>--
>>Stacie Bender
>>Math/Computer Teacher   North Andrew RVI, Rosendale
>>xwm003@mail.connect.more.net
>>stacieb@mail.northandrew.k12.mo.us

Curtis L. Clark
Media Director
Sherwood Mid/Sr. High School
Hwy 7, Outer Rd
Creighton, MO 64739
816 499 2230
816 499 2258 (FAX)
sva006@mail.connect.more.net

        When you steal from one author, it plagiarism;
        If you steal from many, it's research

LM_NET Archive Home