For our 6th grade Cultural Fair, one class is studying India.  We have tried
to find examples of the hindi language.  We've found the alphabet (I guess
that's what it is) in the World Book.  It's just the symbols in order, but
there is no description of sounds that they stand for.  We've looked in all
our encyclopedias, but can't find anything but general information.

What they want is the sounds that each symbol stands for.  They wanted to
write their names.  They'd also like some simple words, like desk, door,
etc., and how to write and pronounce them.

I know this is a very obscure thing I'm looking for.  We tried the net, but
didn't have much luck.  Does anyone know any sites that might have this on it?

Don't take too much time looking for this for me!!  If you can put your
hands on it right away, thanks!

Suby Wallace         swallace@nic.crsc.k12.ar.us
Nettleton Intermediate Center  fax: 501-930-3930
   (5-6 grades)               phone: 501-932-5650
3801 Vera                (area code changing to 870 in
Jonesboro, AR 72401                     April)

LM_NET Archive Home