My principal has requested information about guidelines for setting a media
budget.  He also wants to know how many "recreational" books should be
purchased and at what ratio to nonfiction.  Our stats are K-12 library, 280
students, no public library in county (nearest large public library -100
miles away) and we've had no cuts in overall school funding.  Currently, I
have a media budget (books, CD's, reference, AV media) of $3500 and a
periodical budget of $1500.  I have comparison amounts for our state in
1991-1992. (Last compiled date.)  How does this compare?

LM_NET Archive Home