I wanted to thank any/all of you who sent in suggestions for celebrating
National Poetry Month.  I pulled four from there and used them to
celebrate National Library Week with poetry.  I'm especially happy that
our speech teacher expanded the Poem in Your Pocket activity by locating
poems that will help her students practice.  A stutterer has a tongue
twister poem; a student who has trouble pronouncing "r's" has a poem with
lots of "r's", etc.  I thought this was a unique way to integrate our
promotions into the classroom.

Deborah Bailey                  dbailey@sinnfree.sinnfree.org
West Middle School
Rockford, IL 61103