Ideas for Teacher Appreciation Week:
  1.Put a pkg. of LifeSavers in each teacher's box with a note,     "You're a
true lifesaver!
  2. Give teachers a ruler that says, "GHS Teachers measure up!"
  3. Give teachers a coffee mug or eraser that is personalized with        their
name.
  4. Make each teacher a new name sign for their door.
  5. Our student council and show choir have a faculty appreciation
     luncheon during appreciation week.  Members of each group bring
     food which is served buffet style and the show choir performs.       This
went so well last year that we are doing it again. We sent
     nice invitations to each teacher and planned out the food,
     salads, meat & cheese trays, chips, dessert, etc. so we had a
     variety.

I highly recommend the booklet, Spirit Works (96 pages).  It has many ideas for
staff appreciation, noontime activities, class competition games, fund raising,
and pep rallies.  I am the student council advisor and we have found many ideas
in this book.  The cost is $10.00 plus $2.00 shipping for 1-2 copies, $3.00
shipping for 3-10 copies, or UPS rates for over 10 copies.  To order or send for
information write to Spirit Works, 1549 Banyan Dr., Fallbrook, CA  92028.

Karen Neurohr, LMS
Poteau High School
Poteau, OK
kannette@hotmail.com