                Chat Online with Famous Women

Last year NASA sponsored a highly successful Virtual Take Our Daughters to
Work Day during which women engineers and scientists  from NASA
met online with students, parents and schools to discuss and celebrate
opportunities for girls in math and science as well as gain insight into
the professional and personal aspects of their careers.

This year NASA has invitated select female leaders from a broad spectrum
of professions to participate with us in the Virtual Take Our Daughters
to Work Day. This event will be held on Thursday, April 24, 1997
from 6:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific and will feature hourly web chats with
some of the most capable and interesting women in our nation.

Scheduled mentors include
CEO of Autodesk Inc., Ms. Carol Bartz,
CNN Anchor and Senior Correspondent, Judy Woodruff,
Director of NASA's Mars Exploration Donna Shirley,
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra first flutist and piccolo, Laurie Sokoloff,
Attorney Desiree Cherry,
NichiBei Bio founder and CEO, Sue Clymer.
Dr. Susan Love,
Astronaut Dr. Mae Jemison,
Olympian Nancy Ditz

These women were selected based on their diverse experiences and
backgrounds, the success and contributions to their professions, and the
impact their communication and dialogue will have on young people. The
response we have received from mentors, participants, and the general
public towards this event has surpassed our expectations and we look
forward to an extraordinary event.

To keep the dialogue successful a limited amount of participants will be
allowed to "chat" and all others can observe the ongoing dialogue; which
combined with the extraordinary profiles from these women is a valuable
and dynamic experience in itself.

Chat participants must pregister. The complete schedule, profiles, and
information on registration can be found by linking from the Women of
NASA site: http://quest.arc.nasa.gov/women/intro.html

LM_NET Archive Home