I am looking for information on Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
[hereafter know as SACS] requirements for libraries.  I need the article to
shown to others so  they will have it for reference, if needed.

Our parish only works at accrediation for the High School libraries.  They
dropped it for elementary, middle, and junior high when they didn't have
guidance counselors and aides for the librarians.  They are getting ready to
put the guidance counselors in the schools so I would like to see if we can
get the aides as well.

I have to give our parish credit as every school in the system has a library
and certified librarian.  They have had this for the past 18 years and
through time of thick and thin have never mentioned cutting this program.
We are all feeling somewhat overwhelmed so I thought maybe I could approach
them, if I have the right materials in hand (SACS info).

Thanks for the help.  By May, they tell me, I will have internet access in
my library.  Can't wait.  Have to do all this at home.

Leesie - Mom - Anne Elise - (Take your pick)
Leesie Falgout
Librarian, Cut Off Elementary School
afalgout@cajunnet.com
114 West 55th Street
Cut Off, LA 70345
504-632-3754

April 15  --  For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the
death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his
life.  Romans 5:10  --  The atonement means that God can put me back into
perfect union with Himself, without a shadow between, through the Death of
Jesus Christ.

LM_NET Archive Home