Greetings.  I'm once again asking my wonderful colleagues for help.  We have
an 8th grade class that is starting a unit on Heroes and Heroism.  The
empahsis will be on the qualities of a hero.  Who are the heroes and why.
As part of the unit, they will be reading fiction books and discussing the
concept of heroes through literature.  One book that she will be using is
The Little Engine That Could.

She would love to hear from LMS who have suggestions for other K-8
literature that would work with this unit.  If you have a book that you feel
you'd like to share, please let us know the title and author info and tell
why you think this represents a hero.

Thanks in advance.  I'll post a hit if there is interest.

Nancy Keane
Nancy J. Keane                  voice:  603-225-0862
Rundlett Jr. High School        fax:    603-226-3288
144 South Street                email: nancy.keane@rundlett.concord.k12.nh.us
Concord, New Hampshire 03301    http://www.concord.k12.nh.us/schools/rundlett/
                                http://www.nhptv.org/nhema
        "Do the best you can and maintain a sense of humor."