I have been experimenting with Hot Mail to see if I can
allocate email addresses to workshop participants.  Then
I don't have to rely on them having email accounts when they
come to the sessions.   Indeed this can be done with Hotmail.
You can register from whatever Internet machine you were located at.

Further, you can check into your email account from anywhere
in the world you can log onto a web browser.  This is a major
advantage over having to dial a local internet service
provider when you are travelling far away from home.

There is lots of advertising blurbs on hotmail that pop on and
off the screen.  I supsect that is how they finance the operation.

For schools the biggest downside will be the lead ins to chat sites,
notably WBS.  It seems to have social and cybersex chats, the busiest
seeming to be hot-tub and sauna.

Another downside is that children can have email accounts beyond
anyone's supervision.  This may be great for privacy, but in
the hands of children might open them to obvious danger.

Jim Bruce
Jim Bruce

LEX SYSTEMS
Box 178 Dalmeny, SK,