Has anyone out there ever heard of a "Copernican system of education?"  I
was handed this as a reference question and am stumped.  Copernican system
of astronomy, and the Copernican revolution in epistemology are all
familiar, but I've never heard of, nor can locate any reference to an
educational system by that name. I'm wondering if it's derived from the
epistemological reference; i.e. the shift in knowing as that which is
related through bibilical authority to knowing from mathematic or scientific
testing. (Yikes! I've brought up religion!) Swift responses would be most
appreciated.

Paul
Paul Kreamer LMS, Santa Rita High School
Tucson, AZ
kreamep@setmms.tusd.k12.az.us

LM_NET Archive Home