On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, MACALPINE, JEAN wrote:

> Our district is looking into purchasing and implementing a software >
CAI package such as CCC NET or PLATO.  Do any of your school > districts
use such programs as these or any others in your school

Jean and Group,

I'm so glad this question has come up. I think it has been discussed
before and I'll go check the archives, but in case anyone has new
information, I, too, would like to know.

We have used CCC on Atari computers for more than the 4 years that I have
been in the HS.  Our reading scores have been *very* disappointing, even
though they DID come up when we initiated a campus-wide reading practice
as well as Accelerated Reader. We don't *really* know if CCC is doing
well because we don't know where we would have been if we had not had it.

The students do not enjoy CCC because it is an electronic worksheet type
of practice. Of course, *I* realize that all learning cannot be "fun",
but I would be interested in alternatives that LM_NET members have
learned that their schools just LOVE!

Thanks!
Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home