Have any of you had experience using the Teacher's Pet software product from
Sentinel Software?  It is a protection program for Windows 3.1 or 95 and it
is a fairly simple way to prevent users from gaining access, and thereby
changing or otherwise messing up, selected files.  My tech person says it is
VERY basic and anyone who really wanted to could circumvent it easily but
that it is probably adequate for our needs.  We are mainly trying to prevent
accidental changes and well-meaning but misguided exploration into DOS and
so on.

If you have used this product, do you have it on a network?  Are there any
problems associated with the network usage?  What kind of programs are you
protecting with this?  I am most interested in installing this on the LAN
with our automation software and am wondering if they are compatible.  I
will check with my software support person but want to get some input from
actual users.

Any info you could share from your experience will be most appreciated. If
you respond please use the address above as I have been on no mail recently. TIA

Mary Helen

Mary Helen Fischer, District Librarian
Buckeye Union School District
P. O. Box 547