FYI...Mike Thaler has a new book out in his "...from the Black
Lagoon" series.  First there was "The Teacher from the Black Lagoon,"
then "Principal from the Black Lagoon," next "The Gym Teacher from
the Black Lagoon," then "The School Nurse from the Black Lagoon."
Finally, "The Librarian from the Black Lagoon" is out!  If bought
three copies at WaldenBooks yesterday (buy 2, get one free).

It will be a great intro. to the library when school starts.  I have
been using Carmen Deedy's "The Library Dragon."  In Thaler's book,
the library is called the "MEDIA CENTER OF THE EARTH" since it's
located behind the boiler room.  The librarian (Mrs. Beamster) has a
special name from the kids, she's called "THE LAMINATOR!"  If you
talk in the library...she laminates you!!!  It would be cute to take
a full body picture of a kid pressed up against a large window or
sheet of glass so he/she looks like he is kinda flat.  Have the photo
enlarged to poster side and then trim out along the edges of the kids
body.  Then run this through the laminator!  I'll have to give it a
try.

The librarian does have an aide in Thaler's story..."it's" name is
IGOR!  Hmmm...I'll have to tell my aide she will now be known as IGOR.
  Guess that's okay since I'll have to be "Mrs. Beamster" who wears a
dress instead of "MR. POPE" !  Ha!!!

Another funny part in the book is where it tells that kids are
allowed to stay in the library for as long as they can hold their
breath!  Think I'll have to use that one on the first day of pre-
planning in a week as a joke and see how long it takes someone to
think I mean it!!!

Hope you enjoy the read!  It's a funny book!

Tony Pope
McHenry Elementary School
100 McHenry Drive
Rome, GA  30161
FKPD35A@PRODIGY.COM

 To quit LM_NET (or set NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send an email message to:
 listserv@listserv.syr.edu          In the message write either:
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET         or
 2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL      or
 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST