Here are the suggestions I received for Black History Month:

Perhaps, you'll be able to find some ideas from these sites posted
recently.

In case you find an occasion to search the Net or work on a class
project
for Black History Month, you may be interested in this list of web sites
published in School Library Journal. Some teachers may wish to leave one
of
the sites up for individuals to explore.

Black History: Exploring African-American Issues on the Web
        www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/BHM/AfroAm.html

Netlinks! Black History Archive
        www.netlinks.net/Netlinks/AFRO/blakhist.html

Miami University Libraries' Black History Month Web Page
        www.lib.muohio.edu/~skimmel/bhm/bhm.html

Black History Database
        www.ai.mit.edu/~isbel/HFh/black/bhist.html

For kids by kids:
African-American Heroes
        www.marin.k12.ca.us/~parkweb/index.html

Those of you interested in sites about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:

M. L. King
        www.seattletimes.com/mlk/index.html

The Martin Luther King, Jr. Directory
        www-leland.stanford.edu/group/King/index.html

I am an elementary librarian that is sort of tired of doing the same
people
so this year I am going to use a book by Debbi Chocolate called Kente
colors.  082783899.  I also got a book of Kente color patterns and their
meanings from Scholastic ... Kente cloth patterns to color   0590880276.
Perhaps you could talk to community members who would be willing to
temporarily lend some cloths to you for a display and post the meanings
near each.  Please send me a posting of any other good ideas ..TIA.
Hi! This is my first time responding to an L_M net request------
but I hope this will help you.  The local public library usually
does the same thing every year in their children's section.  On the
bulletin board they make a quilt using blocks which  make up a quilt of
names of famous black americans.  Your adult librarian could display
books that match the  names on the blocks.  The public library has
used construction paper and drawn stitches and designs on the fabric
with
colored and black magic markers, but I always thought if I ever used the
idea I might use some gift wrap paper--subdued tones and designs of
course--instead of construction paper.  Pick your own title I don't
remember if they used "Black History Month" or what--I haven't yet come
up
with a good one about quilts.
I would appreciate hearing about any other responses.

Hope this helps!
Christine Talbert
talbert@erols.com
Germantown Friends School