Dear LM_NET Colleagues,

   For those LM_NET folks who might be wondering, we added our 7,000th
LM_NET member this afternoon, 2 Feb 1997 at 12:14:57. Since this is
another milestone for the group, Mike and I had would like to welcome that
person publicly, by name.

   Welcome to LM_NET Beth Lommel!    Hooray!!!!!!

   Let it be recorded that on this day, Sunday,  February 2, 1997, the
number of LM_NET members totaled 7,000 for the first time when the
listserv software added the subscription of Beth Lommel!

   Note please:  Since people are continually joining, signing off, and
resubscribing to LM_NET, the number of members is always in flux. However,
we have experienced steady growth since June 8, 1992 when we started
LM_NET, reaching a grand total of 61 members within a week of its
inauguration. School terms are when we grow the most, while summers are
generally a time when our membership rate of increase slows down. We tend
to grow fastest during September - November and January - May. It is
anyone's guess how many we will have by our 5th Anniversary, in June 1997!

   Here is the number of members reached by first Mondays of February:

        2-1-93        509
        2-7-94      1,407
        2-6-95      3,579
        2-5-96      5,496
        2-3-97      7,023   (anticipated; 7,015 at this moment)

   It is nice to have you all with us!!!

   Peter Milbury and Mike Eisenberg
   LM_NET Co-Owners/Moderators

LM_NET Archive Home