Thanks to all who sent information about Blue Jean magazine when I asked for
info on Blue Denim.  You are, of course, correct:  Blue Jean is the correct
title.  I called and requested a sample issue which I received in less than
one week.  The content is as they said and there is no advertising.
However, the price is a little steep .

Many asked for a HIT so here it is:

I don't know that magazine but we do get one called blue jean magazine
which is advertising free.  But because it has no advertising and the
pictures are either b/w or the color comes from the page (not true colored
pictures), we are having a hard time "selling" it.  The articles are good,
current, and pertinent but you don't see "how to get along with your
boyfriend" type articles.  It is definitely worth getting and working at
getting girls interested.
Deborah Bailey                  dbailey@sinnfree.sinnfree.org
West Middle School
Rockford, IL 61103

I believe the magazine is called Blue Jean Magazine.  I called and asked
for a free sample in Dec. but have not received one yet.  The cost is
$39.00 for 6 issues or introductory cost of $29.00. Tel. no. is 716
654-5070.  I would be interested in any answers you get about the quality
of the mag.
Veronica Breuer

I know of a new magazine called Blue Jean Magazine.  It fits the description
you posted.  On the inside cover it states the magazine "is an alternative to
the beauty and glamour focused magazines targeted at young women".  The
magazine is also "advertising-free".  We have gotten it here for a few months
and so far they have lived up to those remarks.
For information about Blue Jean Magazine:
(716) 654-5070
bluejeanmg@aol.com

Hope this helps
Stephanie Fruhling
University of Northern Iowa

Mary,

You might be thinking of Blue Jean Magazine: for teen girls who dare.  It
was highlighted in an article that appeared in School Library Journal (Nov
96, page 36). and is promoted as for teen girls by teen girls.  Cost is
$39 a year.  It's available directly from Blue Jean Magazine, PO Box
90856, Rochester, NY, or through EBSCO.

Cindy Vallar
Librarian
Hannah More School