Our third grades are looking for a new core lit book for next year.  At
present they read Fantastic Mr. Fox, 100 Dresses, Sadako and the 1000 paper
cranes, Stone Fox and On the Banks of Plum Creek.  They are anxious to
replace On the Banks.  I have boon looking all over for a book of about
this difficulty, and perhaps another historical American fiction or similar
book to balance the program.  The children read Little House in 2nd grade
and no one wants to do another Laura book in 3rd.  If you have any good
ideas send them to me and I will post a hit.  It has to be in paperback or
permabound since we need to order 60 copies.  Thank you so much.

LM_NET Archive Home