From: lmccloud@pen.k12.va.us (Lorna J. McCloud)
Subject: HIT: AR book labels
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 01:12:10 GMT

THANK YOU to everyone who answered my query for ideas on
labelling books with reading levels in and Elementary School
library for Accelerated Reader!

Within 2 days, I received over 50 replies.  Some of you decided to
label the books with colored dots on the outside to denote
reading level,or labelled them on the back cover,  but most preferred
(as I do) labelling them inside the books, if at all.  Many
people mentioned using lots of lists, which I also have.

I opted to go for handwriting the reading level inside, instead
of printing out special labels, and the students and teachers
love it.  As of today, all the books on the shelves (AR that
is!) are labelled, and we are trying to label the others as
they are returned.  I think we are pretty well covered!

Anyway, thank you all again for your prompt replies1 Sorry I
wasn't quite as prompt in posting a HIT!

---
Lorna McCloud           Teacher-Librarian
King Elementary         Woodbridge, VA
        lmccloud@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home