Thanks to all who responded to my question re: importing GIF images from
the web into a powerpoint presentation.  A big "duh" for me.  A student
came into my office this a.m. to ask if I wanted to see his web page...I
said oh by the way can you help me with importing GIF's. Of course he
did, and I realized I was trying to identify the image as clip art and
not a picture!  It's so simple:

1.  Have both the power point slide window, and the internet open.
2.  Choose your image on the internet, right mouse click.
3.  Save image as..give a name and choose what folder you want to save
it in
5.  Click of "A" in the left side graphic tool bar.
6.  Click in the center of the slide you want to place the graphic into.
7.  Choose insert at top dialog bar. Choose "picture" from the drop
down.
8.  Highlight your saved picture from the file you placed it inot.
9.  Click on OK
10.. And there it is!

LM_NET Archive Home