The book is called Haven and it is by Ruth Gruber. It documemts the
experiences of 1000 refugees who came to America at the end of World War
Two. They came here to Oswego and  lived here for over a year- in a
barbed wire fenced compound. A museum is being built about this event and
the 50th anniversary ceremony was held in 1995. Ruth Gruber came and
signed copies of her book.
****************************************************************************+*
        Jennifer M.Lyons                        St. Paul's Academy
        jlyons@oswego.edu                       115 #E. 5th Street
        jwlyons@mailbox.syr.edu                 Oswego, New York 13126

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Kay Goss wrote:

> I am looking for Safe Haven which was recommended in the Library Book
> Selection Service some time ago.  I think it is a novel about the Holocaust.
> Can someone please supply the author?   TIA
> Kay Goss
> Director, Library Media Services
> Mansfield High School
> 315 W. Ohio Ave.
> Mansfield, Mo.  65704          Home of Laura Ingalls Wilder
> fup001@mail.connect.more.net

LM_NET Archive Home