                      Subject:                              Time:  9:57 AM
  OFFICE MEMO         K-12: Reading Adoption Help           Date:  2/5/97

Our district is preparing to look at offerings of various companies for
adopting reading K-12.  We are interested in dialoging with any of you who
have recently been through this to gain some important answers to some
significant questions.  Any insight will be greatly appreciated:

1.  What criteria did you use in evaluating reading materials?  Be specific
if possible.  If you used any assessment criteria, please indicate that as
well.

2.  Did you use any other rationale to narrow your choices?

3.  Please indicate what your final three choices were per building level or
grades:

4.  Did you look at both basals and trade book offerings, and if so, did you
have to select one or the other or could you combine in some way?

5.  Did you use any research findings to justify your decisions?

6.  Did each building make their own decision(s), or was it divided by grade
level, or was it done by the district as a whole?

LM_NET Archive Home