We have TVs, computers, and AVerkeys in all of our classrooms.
(Willowboxes also do the same thing.  Those are at our junior high) This
little black box attaches to the computer and interfaces with the TV to
transmit the computer screen to the television or monitor.  They are great.
Occassionally, they fail to work mostly due to the incorrect sequencing
of buttons being pushed.  We have 32 inch TVs in the rooms and if your
type set is 24 or above on your computer, the writing can be seen from
the back of the classroom.  Our tech director took care of purchase since
it was a school tech upgrade.  I think they run about $1000. I've seen
them in some computer accessory catalogs for general purchase.
Sandy Barron                 Tomball High School
sbarron@tenet.edu                      30330 Quinn Road
713-357-3219                            Tomball, Texas 77375
FAX 713-357-3252             "making the difference with information science"

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Mary Marguerite Ludwick wrote:

> One of my teachers is interested in purchasing a piece of
> equipment called an Avery Key.  Does anyone have any information
> on the pros or cons of this equipment?  Prices and Sources?
> I will post a hit if anyone is interested.
>
> Mary Ludwick         Ludwick@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home