I need to start circulating magazines to some of my fourth and
third graders.  How
do you recommend I protect the magazines?  I priced covers, and they run
between $6 and $12 EACH for the sturdy ones.  Must I get those really
sturdy things, or can I use an envelope or folder or a cheap cover?  What
has been your experiences with checking out magazines on a limited basis
and a short check-out period?  I used to check-out magazines all the time
to high school kids, but this is my first try with elem. students.  I'm
going to use the magazine check-out as a reading incentive:  read so many
books, and then you can check out magazines the rest of the year.  The
students are really eager to start this deal.  I just need the supplies.

Donna Cook, library teacher
Raguet Elementary, Nacogdoches ISD, and Douglass ISD, and First Baptist
Nacogdoches, TX                         Douglass, TX      Nacogdoches, TX
<dsc@tenet.edu>         "The best education is caught--not taught"

LM_NET Archive Home