What a wonderful thread - adult mysteries.  Several of my favorites haven't
shown up yet and I can resist adding my two cents worth.

Stuart M Kaminsky -  Detective is in Russia, some of the older ones are before
the fall of the iron curtain.

John Dunning -  antique book seller in Denver (only two titles so far)

Edward Marston -  shakespearian England, detective is a book holder with a
theatre group

Margaret Frazer - Medieval England, nun  (lovers of the cadfael mysteries will
really like these)

Miriam Grace Monfredo - 1850  New York, abolitionists, womens rights etc,
detective is the town librarian.

I love these kinds of mysteries because with the mystery there is the chance to
experience another time and place - the kind of every day details of life.  I
would like to hear from some others as to why this genure (mysteries set in
other times and places) are so popular.

Deborah Stafford
Gen H.H. Arnold HS
Department of Defense Dependents Schools
Wiesbaden Germany
stafford@email.wiesbaden.army.mil
or  deborah_stafford@ccmail.odedodea.edu

LM_NET Archive Home