One thing I think we always need to keep in mind is that school
media/technology programs and public libraries have different missions.
Yes, we all help kids and are in the information business, but in schools
we also have involvlement in building wide technology implmentationn,
staff development, curriuculum development and others that are unique to
our roles.  Our programs will be stronger and more clearly understood
if we  define ourselves in these roles and make
others aware.

regarding hours--access to technology has had a big impact on hours and
staffing.  As we have added more technology throughout our school and
media center there is more demand for access.  As a result we've added
paid staff and more parents volunteers to help keep the media center open
late.

Mary Alice Anderson, Media Spec.
Winona MN Middle School

LM_NET Archive Home