LM_NETTERS,
I knew when I read Alice's post that this would spark a great discussion and
I am enjoying all the threads. I also believe that each one of us can do
something to bridge that gap between public and school librarians by
reaching out to those around us. Invite the public librarian(s) to any
special programming that might be taking place in your media centers. Offer
to include the public libraries in any reading incentive programs that you
are sponsoring and provide reading lists for such. These are just a couple
of ideas but you get the picture. All of our library patrons are best served
when we put our heads together. It doesn't have to be "them" against "us".
Jane Perry
Vassalboro Community School Library
Vassalboro, Me.

LM_NET Archive Home