There was a blurb...I think in the LA Times business section...that World
Book was trying to team with IBM to make a low price Cd-ROM version to
compete with Grolier, Encarta, etc.

Esther Sinofsky                         Los Angeles USD
Hamilton High Schools Complex           310/836-1602 x2229
2955 S. Robertson Blvd.                 FAX: 310/842-8663
Los Angeles, CA 90034
e-mail:  esinofs@lausd.k12.ca.us
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is
essential is invisible to the eye."  -  St. Exupery

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Kristen Morahan wrote:

> Hi!
> The elementary librarian at my son's school told me she heard a rumor
> the World Book was going out of business. She asked me if I had heard
> anything about it. I told her I'd ask LM_NET for her. So, anybody
> know if it's true or not?
>
> Thanks!
> Kristen Morahan
> Kutztown University