Kristen Morahan wrote:

> Hi!
> The elementary librarian at my son's school told me she heard a rumor
> the World Book was going out of business. She asked me if I had heard
> anything about it. I told her I'd ask LM_NET for her. So, anybody
> know if it's true or not?
>
> Thanks!
> Kristen Morahan
> Kutztown University
> divot@epix.net

World book has joined with ibm and has issued a two cdrom 1997
multimedia encyclopedia.  i picked up a copy yeserday at an office
supply store for <$50 and it comes with a rebate of $20.  i haven't used
it too much but i am impressed so far.  on the worldbook web page they
indicate that there will be a 3 disc academic version.  you can also
sign up for a standing order for the new editions.  there are also links
to the web for updated articles.
--
Edward W. Menke
Librarian