Dear LM_Netters,
        The third grade teachers have asked me to find materials on mining and
port communities, especially very visual material.  They need to give
their students an understanding of the overall lifestyle of the
community: jobs, environment, etc.  This is a part of the social studies
curriculum.
        The teacher I am working closely with has many concrete, visual
learners.  She would ideally like videos and/or multimedia software.  I
have racked my brain and searched through catalogs, to no avail.
        Any information you can give is greatly appreciated!
                                        TIA,

Cheryl Jakobovic, SLMS
Calvin U. Smith Elementary
Painted Post, NY