Hello LM_NETTERS:
I am in the final semester of completing my MLIS, and am student teaching in
an elementary school media center.  I am going to be instructing two classes
of 2nd graders in the use of an OPAC called KIDS DRA. This is a highly
graphical tool for use with primary grades. The students will have had a
(very) basic introduction to Dewey when I begin working with them. They may
not know an electronic catalog from an anteater. I will be working with
groups of nine students and will have three terminals. Lessons will be about
30 minutes.

I have searched the archives and still need some help in how to go about
doing this.  I know that I have to avoid abstraction, keep things simple,
and get the students involved with hands on experience before their
attention wanders.

I would appreciate your suggestions, lesson plans, or advice.

Thank You Very Much!

Matthew Beall

LM_NET Archive Home