Thank you to all who responded to my question about giving grades in the
Library/Media Center.  There was a wide range of answers which I shared with
the Curriculum Coordinator.  I guess every situation is different.  Some of
the responses were:  not giving grades, but giving written work that is graded
and returned to the classroom teachers...giving grades on a progress
report-like sheet, but not on the report card...giving grades that can affect
the honor roll...only giving semester grades...giving C=Coendable,
U=Unsatisfactory...not giving grades so the negative aspects of grading aren't
associated with the position.  Anyway, it was difficult the first time I gave
grades.  Since then, I have spelled out on paper what the requirements are for
an A, B or C.  They include test results, their written work, doing extra
research work and showing their ability in using the available media.  It has
made the students more ambitious.  Thank you again for the responses.

LM_NET Archive Home