On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, GINNY MCKEE wrote:

> I usually just lurk on this list, but I need to speak up.  Summer reading
> is a program that is ALIVE and WELL at your local public library. If your
> school or district is considering some type of program, blend it with that

The lists could be used in conjunction with  the public library reading
program, but the point of creating required/suggested summer reading lists
is to let people know what school expectations are.  If you logon to the
Seattle Public Library's catalog you can find award list and other lists
(school lists).  SPL posts the expected reading lists from a variety of schools
in the area.  It's a great example of killing two birds with one stone.

Sue Weiss
Ballard HS Librarian
Seattle, WA
(206) 281-6010