Dear LM_NET''ers,
        Once again (seems to go in three year cycles) our School Board is
proposing program cuts and guess who is at the top of the list-elementary
librarians, of course. We are only 1/2 time as it is.  Our clerks are also
on the chopping block.
        I am begging for any support you can give us in terms of letters
(via this list) to the Board of Education  of the Davis Joint Unified School
District.  I know we have done this for others and hopefully you kept those
letters on file so that you can just recycle them. We have already sent all
the Board members copies of Dr. DeLong's letter (Modesto City Schools) that
appeared in the California School Library Assoc. newsletter. But, hopefully,
hearing from professionals around the world will kindle some spark of
realization that a strong educational program depends on a strong library
program.
        Thanks for any help you can give. I will keep all the email you send
on file.  If any of you would like a hit, let me know and I will either send
it to you or post to the group if there are many requests.
Jamie Murphy Boston, Librarian
Davis Joint Unified School District
Birch Lane Elementary, 1600 Birch Ln.  Pioneer Elementary, 5212 Hamel St.
Davis, CA 95616
916-757-5395/5413(FAX)
& 757-5480/5423(FAX)
jamieb@dcn.davis.ca.us