Since I will be visiting my sister in D.C. during the midwinter ALA
meetings, I thought I might attend some of the sessions.  I have never
attended any of the ALA national meetings and hope those of you who have
might give me some advice.

I have noticed that the annual meeting is HEAVILY publicized in the
American Libraries magazine, but that this meeting has hardly gotten any
mention.  When I checked the ALA web site, I found some info about the
meetings, but there really do not seem to be too many sessions.

My question is - is it worth paying the $75.00 to register for this
particular meeting, or would I be just as well served paying the $10.00
fee which will allow me to enter the exhibitions?   There was a note that
there would be more info in the February edition of American Libraries,
but if I wait for that, I would not be able to do early registration.

Any thoughts?  Please reply directly to me.
Thanks, Susan

Susan Burstein
Portland Middle School, Portland, CT
sburstei@csunet.ctstateu.edu