Hi everyone,  Hope you had a good holiday break.  I need help.  I have a
teacher who is looking for books for a student, 4th grade girl.  Her
parents are going through a divorce and the father has announced his plans
to live an openly gay lifestyle.  The child is having difficulty accepting
the father's decision, doesn't want to visit even though he wants a
relationship, and doesn't feel like she can talk to anyone except the
teacher and her mother.  She is a good reader but doesn't really choose to
read.  I just don't know what to suggest.  All the books I have with a gay
parent deal with aids. I really don't want to give her something else to
worry about.  I have suggested to the teacher that professional help is
critical for the child.  Any suggestions? I really appreciate this group.
Please respond directly to me.  TIA!
Debbie Boutwell
Edith Bowen Lab School
Utah State University