FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 16:07:19 -0800 (PST)
From: Bill Ristow <bris-new@seatimes.com>
To: announce <ednet@noc1.oit.umass.edu>, k12wa@u.washington.edu,
    NOVAE@idbsu.idbsu.edu, wa-curr-projects@ospi.wednet.edu
Subject: MLK Web site

To all teachers working on Martin Luther King projects:

This is a reminder that The Seattle Times offers an extensive, and very
successful, site devoted to the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.

The URL is http://www.seattletimes.com/mlk

The site, geared to schools, includes a study guide and an interactive
quiz. There are numerous articles about King, timelines of his life and
the civil rights movement, a photo tour with some of the most famous
historical news photos of the era, and an archived discussion between
several classes of elementary school students across the country.

We launched the site last year; since then, traffic has been almost
constant, and the open forum on the site has attracted hundreds of
postings, from as far away as South Africa, Germany, Norway and London.

I hope you'll have a chance to visit the site, and please bring your
students.

--Bill Ristow
  Education Editor
  The Seattle Times