Hi folks - The first grade teachers and myself are in the process of
writing a learning unit on folklore for our students. The learning unit
incorporates the use of many techniques including graphic organizers,
"think-pair-share", cooperative learning groups, and rubrics. The last
activity is to be a meaningful use task where the student shows the
knowledge he/she gained in relation to one of our graduation standards.
It must be assessable and markable though the designing of a rubric.  If
any of you have done anything along this line and have a culminating
activity that has worked well, would you please let me know?  We have been
thinking along the lines of an oral presentation and a piece of artwork.
Any thoughts and/or activities would be greatly appreciated.  TIA.

Melinda Miller-Widrick, LMS K-12
Colton-Pierrepont Central School
Colton, NY 13625
miller-w@northnet.org