From: lmccloud@pen.k12.va.us (Lorna J. McCloud)
Subject: ELEM HIT: Unison categories
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 19:25:59 GMT

Well, I am sorry this is soooo late, but thank you to everyone
who sent me information about how they use categories in
Elementary schools which use Unison (Follett).

Most people seemed to use categories for areas that couldn't be
searched in Subject searches, especially units of study where
the teacher might want a biliography list each yea.  Categories
are also useful when you need to actually pull and reserve a
group of books.

Some other interesting uses:

Genre (Realistic fiction, Historical fiction, etc.)
Donated books
Year of purchase (by jobber?)
State or other reading awards (Virginia Young Reader, etc.)
AV equipment inventory

---
Lorna McCloud           Teacher-Librarian
King Elementary         Woodbridge, VA
        lmccloud@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home