The good news is the kids are using the internet like crazy to get their
information. The bad news is teachers don't know how to judge the validity
of the information. Where can I find the way to determine that a source is
valid?  Should students be responsible for providing a search path? I
thought maybe we should require students to provide biographic info and
source of publication elsewhere than the net. If so, how can they get
this? We are stymied because the info we're getting is super but we don't
necessarily trust it. it is one thing to repeat over and over again to the
students that they be careful. Once they see relevant info they download
and cite everything. Help! TIA,vjl

Viviane J. Lampach
The Bronx H.S. of Science
75 W. 205th Street