Thank you, all of you who were able to suggest some CD-ROMs for
us.  We were looking for CDs or floppy disks with maps of coun-
tries or provinces (such as in France and Spain) with the capa-
bilities of printing these maps.  The suggested materials were:

1.  Exegy
2.  Britannica CD -- there is a section inside titled "Countries
        of the World"
3.  Automap Streets and Automap Road Atlas (on Microsoft)
4.  http://mapquest.com/
5.  Geopedia -- published by Britannica; has an almanac-type
        section; can create charts
6.  Encarta and Encarta World Atlas CD-ROM
7.  World Atlas -- published by Software Toolworks
8.  a world map published by DeLorme.  The LM_NETter who suggested
        this has used this company's USA and Street Maps and re-
        commended them highly.
9.  Nystrom has a CD that will print outline maps without the names
        of countries.  The capability of printing states and pro-
        vinces is unknown.
10. National Geographic Picture Atlas of the World -- published
        by National Geographic
11. PCGlobe and MacGlobe, which we use here in Rocky River for
        our geopolitics classes; the maps, however, are not
        broken down into provinces/states.  It is a marvelous
        source of information and will create comparative
        charts.

I was also contacted by a vendor, MBG Learning Network, plugging
its World Atlas Vista and US Atlas Vista CDs, which according
to them are appropriate for grade school through high school.
No one else mentioned these, and I have no idea how good they
are.

I hope these suggestions help some of you out there in the
trenches.

Karen

--
Karen Naftzger          (gk751@cleveland.freenet.edu)