The Battle of the Books is a competitive contest
of teams which have read selected stories and are
then pitted against other teams for points and the
honor of being the champion of the Battle of the
Books.  It originated right here in NC about a decade
or so ago and is still alive and well.

The questions all begin with the stem "In which book. . .
The teams respond with the title and author, if they
get it incorrect, the other team has a chance to steal
those points...

We have district and regional competitions and have
yet to have a state-wide competition.

The books are selected at the end of the regionals
and published and distributed in Sep or Oct... the
students then read the books and begin for the competitions
which begin in Feb and Mar...

The books change from year to year and are selected by
a committee of the Battle of the Books body. . .

Quite an interesting program...

I believe I have the rules in a file somewhere...
if I find them, I'll make them available for those
who are interested...

Aloha...   Earl J.

LM_NET Archive Home