I downloaded the beta version of PointCast to one of the power macs at the
recommendation of my ISP.  If offers news, weather etc updates and works in
the background.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  It seems to
cause freezing and boot problems.  Also, there browser is soooooo slow.  It
seems like a good idea but the execution is a problem.  I emailed tech
support but no reply yet.  I also checked FAQs.  I use it on my direct
connection.  I could put it on an IBM with a dial up.  Has anyone used it
that way?  It is available free at www.pointcast.com.  Free doesn't
necessarily mean good.  Thoughts???  TIA
FrAN

Fran Patton                                     "Master the library
Albert H. Saley Library                          as soon as possible"
Mountain Lakes HS,
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
http://mtlakes.csnet.net/fpatton/Library1.html

LM_NET Archive Home