I was supposed to post this hit several weeks ago, so please forgive me!

In asking for "child-proof", dependable cassette player/recorders, these
suggestions were sent:

Audiotronics
Eiki or Bell and Howell (I must add a PS here that, although the sound
quality is great, we have been having a lot of trouble with the eject
button being too fragile, also the doors breaking off when used in a
listening center with our primary students)
These are expensive, too.
Wollensak
GE or comparable brand at the discount drug stores for around 25.00; this
person found that students bothered the keys and settings on more
complicated machines and these "cheapies" lasted just as well as more
expensive ones!
Someone suggested the "all-in-one" CD/tape players from Wal-Mart (best price)
The one I ended up going with was none of the above!  I received a
suggestion from Applied Video Systems, which has our state contract pricing
for AV equipment about a new tape player they carry, the Califone 5270AV,
which has gotten rave reviews from media specs; it's a little over 100$.
We'll see...
Sharon Krebs

LM_NET Archive Home