Dear group,
   I rarely ever write to the entire list, but the hit that was posted today
absolutely sent me through the roof!  Maybe I misunderstood. The hit seemed
to imply that there were actually some "professionals" out there who were
not only buying AV equipment from drug stores and Walmart, but are
recommending that others do the same. The idea of not purchasing through the
AV dealer who won the bid is unprofessional in the extreme.  The dealers who
win these bids have qualified by meeting the specs set down by the state or
whatever other governing body is handling the money.  This means the dealers
will stand behind the product and provide schematics for repair, replacement
parts, and any other assistance if needed.  Also, these products are
especially made for commerical and not residential use.
   Anyone who is in charge of purchasing ANY type of equipment and who
actually believes that getting something at the drug store or Walmart or
from one of the big "box houses" is is same as purchasing from an AV dealer
should immediately give up that job to someone who knows what they are
doing!!!!!  Come on we are supposed to be informed professionals not a bunch
of "bag ladies".
   Feel free to write if you disagree.
Sincerely,
Pam DeVoe