speaking as a PURCHASING MANAGER's wife(for a multi-million dollar corp),
a Hewlett Packard ______ (you can fill in what YOU want) is just that. you
buy where  you get the best deal. if you have to buy a lot of them, then
you may possibly go to a jobber. the best deal means you're smart as well
as professional. using a middle man for nothing means something else.
 QUESTION? do you work anywhere near children?

happy trails

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Pam Devoe wrote:

> Dear group,
>    I rarely ever write to the entire list, but the hit that was posted today
> absolutely sent me through the roof!  Maybe I misunderstood. The hit seemed
> to imply that there were actually some "professionals" out there who were
> not only buying AV equipment from drug stores and Walmart, but are
> recommending that others do the same. The idea of not purchasing through the
> AV dealer who won the bid is unprofessional in the extreme.  The dealers who
> win these bids have qualified by meeting the specs set down by the state or
> whatever other governing body is handling the money.  This means the dealers
> will stand behind the product and provide schematics for repair, replacement
> parts, and any other assistance if needed.  Also, these products are
> especially made for commerical and not residential use.
>    Anyone who is in charge of purchasing ANY type of equipment and who
> actually believes that getting something at the drug store or Walmart or
> from one of the big "box houses" is is same as purchasing from an AV dealer
> should immediately give up that job to someone who knows what they are
> doing!!!!!  Come on we are supposed to be informed professionals not a bunch
> of "bag ladies".
>    Feel free to write if you disagree.
> Sincerely,
> Pam DeVoe